Business Week Online offers Eight Tips For Better Brainstorming:
- Use brainstorming to combine and extend ideas, not just to harvest ideas.
- Don’t bother if people live in fear.
- Do individual brainstorming before and after group sessions.
- Brainstorming sessions are worthless unless they are woven with other work practices.
- Brainstorming requires skill and experience both to do and, especially, to facilitate.
- A good brainstorming session is competitiveâ€”in the right way.
- Use brainstorming sessions for more than just generating good ideas.
- Follow the rules, or don’t call it a brainstorm.