I know SlideShare is a really cool service, but I honestly did not want to create yet another account to share my stuff. Since I have a Blip.TV account, I figured there had to be a way to get PowerPoint slides up on blip.tv. After experimenting yesterday, here’s the process that I found that actually works. It’s not easy, but it works.
1. In PowerPoint 2007, Choose Save AS–>Other Formats, and then save the file as a Windows Meta File (.wmf).
This will save each slide as its own metafile in a parent folder. In my case, I had 66 slides, so this saved 66 .wmf files.
2. Next, open Windows Movie Maker, and import the .wmf files you just created into a Movie Maker collection. Then drag all the slides down into the movie timeline to add to a movie.
3. Theoretically, you could add audio or voiceover there if you like, and you could also extend each slide to match your voice over, but I just opted for pasting in my slides.
4. When you are ready to render your project, Choose File–>Save Movie File. Choose the My Computer option for playback on your computer. I chose the Other Settings Option, and the quality appears to be fine and of a reasonable file size.
5. Finally, upload your new movie to your blip.tv account.
Granted, the process is probably not as easy as SlideShare, but once you do it, its a relatively painless process. I really think the ability to add audio (music) or a voiceover can make the slides a little more interesting. I also Iike the idea of having all of my video and powerpoint content in one place, and blip.tv satisfies that need.